Freitag, 9. März 2012

Thoughts on Happiness


Todd Burrier with thoughts on Happiness....
This is taken from Todd Burrier's Blog
Posted by  on Mar 6, 2012 


A funny thing happens when we get what we want....after
a while, it doesn't seem to be enough anymore.

You know what I mean? We really want something, and then we get it, and we are happy about it for a little bit…maybe a few days or so….and then POOF the happiness fades and we want more or we want something else entirely. The lesson here, is that happiness has nothing to do with things or accomplishments.
You get the gift you want for Christmas and your all happy about it Christmas day, and a few days later, you forget all about it!
I can’t take credit for this blog idea. I came home from the gym this morning and Melanie was watching a video of Joyce Meyer as part of her morning devotion time. I heard about 20 seconds of this as I was getting my breakfast and then I heard Joyce Meyer say “If you aren’t happy when you don’t get what you want, you’ll never be happy when you get what you want.”......
To read the rest of this thought provoking post go to:  http://www.toddburrier.com/oatmeal/happiness-isnt-getting-what-you-want/

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen